[imp] Webmail and timeout

Colin Devine devinec at sas.upenn.edu
Thu Dec 5 22:05:22 2002

We have been experiencing this same problem since our upgrade to
horde-2.1/imp-3.1 in September.  Noticing that the cvs had a solution
(the timeout warning) but not wanting to upgrade to an unstable version
a coworker and I backported the code this morning.  It wasn't too
difficult and only involved adding lines to 3 files.  I have included
the diff files and here is a description of our work:

added the following code to the end of
imp/templates/compose/javascript.inc:
-----------

function timeoutReminder(first_reminder)
{
    if (first_reminder) {
        var msg = '<?php echo addslashes(_("Your session will expire in
5 minutes. Do you want to reload the page to prevent losing your
work?")) ?>';
    } else {
        var msg = '<?php echo addslashes(_("Your session will expire in
1 minute. Do you want to reload the page to prevent losing your work?"))
?>';
    }
    if (window.confirm(msg)) {
        document.compose.actionID.value = '<?php echo REFRESH_COMPOSE
?>';
        uniqSubmit();
    }
}

window.setTimeout('timeoutReminder(true)', (<?php echo $timeout ?> -
300) * 1000);
window.setTimeout('timeoutReminder(false)', (<?php echo $timeout ?> -
60) * 1000);

//-->
</script>

Added the following constant to imp/lib/constants.php
/** @const REFRESH_COMPOSE Refresh the compose window. */
define('REFRESH_COMPOSE', 166);

Added the following line at line 1088 of imp/compose.php:
$timeout = ini_get('session.gc_maxlifetime');

--Colin Devine

Big thanks to Warren Petrofsky for his help.