[imp] postmaster.init?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Dec 6 20:23:00 2002

Quoting Blair Lowe <blair.lowe@compeng.net>:

> Also, you need to make sure you allow TCP connections to your
> database.  PostgreSQL has a switch in one of its configuration files
> ('postmaster.init', or similar) that needs to be set to 'yes':
>
>     PGALLOWTCPIP=yes

If the database is on another machine, you will need to do that. If it
is on the same machine as your webserver, you can just add

$conf['sql']['protocol'] = 'unix';

to your horde sql setup.  This will be easier (less work), faster in most
cases (no network overhead, etc), more secure (no remote network attacks,
etc).

> Where is postmaster.init? I can't find anything remotely similar in my
> postgres package.

Depends on your system.  You might not even have such an option or file.
So, if you can (all one system) you might just want to use unix sockets
as shown above.  Otherwise, we would need to know your OS info.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!