multiple virtual mail hosts: Was [imp] postmaster.init?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Dec 6 23:41:53 2002

Quoting Blair Lowe <blair.lowe@compeng.net>:

> We are using rh7.2,  postgres 7.1.3, horde-2.1-3, and imp-3.1-2.

Not my extact versions but should probably be close enough...

You can set do one or both of the following to enable tcp/ip if you so
desire:

Edit /var/lib/pgsql/data/postmaster.opts to say:

/usr/bin/postmaster '-i'

Edit /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf, locate the line where it sets
tcpip_socket, and set it to true:

tcpip_socket = true

(You'll also want to look through that file and see if you want to tweak
anything else).

If you're files are not in /var/lib/pgsql/data, then "su - postgres" and
there should be a "data" dir there with the above files...

> On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 13:23, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> > If the database is on another machine, you will need to do that. If it
> > is on the same machine as your webserver, you can just add
> >
> > $conf['sql']['protocol'] = 'unix';
> >
> > to your horde sql setup.  This will be easier (less work), faster in most

If on the same machine, the above eliminates the need for tcp sockets.

> Should I also aim at imap at localhost port 143?

???  Not sure what you mean.  But yes, if it is all on the same machine,
then configure your imap to point at localhost:143.

> Linux Red Hat 7.0

Above you said 7.2, here 7.0, so I'm confused... But the above information
is probably right in either case.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics