[imp] IMP downloading lastest production release

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Dec 8 23:23:36 2002

Quoting Hammad <hammad@brisksolutions.com>:

> Fair enough, I don't mind learning CVS. I heard about wincvs too and have
> installed it. Can you give me a little push as to what do I need to do to get
> the lastest releng branch of IMP and make a useable tar out of it.

You need to find better help than me. :)

But, just to give you some advice on where to start, the general idea is to do
a "cvs checkout" of the RELENG_3 branch of IMP.  I'd also suggest doing
a RELENG_2 checkout of Horde at the same time.  To make a tar, when you
are ready, you should look into the "cvs export" command.

> Also, any pointers to how can I keep the customization I
> have made in my exsisting release of IMP.

Not sure.  But once you have a CVS checkout, you can make your modifications
to it, and then update CVS when ever you need without loosing your
modifications (in most cases).  That's one of the real big advantages of
CVS checkouts.

> I hope I don't have to redo all the
> customization once I get the new IMP release installed.

No idea, but I hope someone else who knows more about this kind of thing
will help you out.

What I do know is that once you get use to using CVS you will never go
back to living without it.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics