[imp] RFC, 1000 chars and To field

Santiago Romero sromero at servicom2000.com
Tue Dec 10 08:50:23 PST 2002

En Wed,  4 Dec 2002 12:23:18 -0500 Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>
escribio:

> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:
>
> > Horde/IMP use the PEAR SMTP mail/socket libraries to send mail via
> > SMTP. You might want to pass this information along to the
> > maintainer of the package (who, on quick glance, appears to be
> > Chuck.  Chuck, any thoughts on this?)
>
> Having read the rest of this thread, I'm unclear what if anything we
> should change in the SMTP package?

 My smtp has not support for increasing the number of RCPT TO allowed.
It would be very nice if you had an small patch (it's just changing
source code?) for horde/imp 2.x to send email to more than 1000
addresses.

 I've seen that you can sendmail as:

 sendmail blablabla -- $recipients

 I don't know how you could force sendmail to allow all the recipients...
 Maybe calling sendmail continuosly for 100 addresses in each time? :?

 Well, a patch would solve me a biggg problem :( I wonder if it would
possible just patching horde/imp (and not php).

 Thanks a lot for the help :-)

--
Santiago Romero
Departamento de Sistemas