[imp] "To:" and "Cc:" addresses in IMP 3.1

Ari Heikkinen aheikin at dlr.pspt.fi
Wed Dec 11 12:35:37 PST 2002

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Michael M Slusarz wrote:

> Quoting Ari Heikkinen <aheikin@dlr.pspt.fi>:
>
> | Hi,
> |
> | I've just installed IMP 3.1 and it works fine otherwise but seems to
> | generate e-mail addresses for "To:" and "Cc:" fields differently than
> | IMP 2.2.8 when composing new messages.
> |
> | Say I'm composing a new message and put a@b into "To:" field. IMP 3.1
> | appears to convert the "To:" field to look like this in the header:
> |
> | To: "" <a@b>
> |
> | ...whereas on IMP 2.2.8 it would look like this:
> |
> | To: a@b
> |
> | Is there any way to configure IMP 3.1 for the latter behavior (without
> | that annoying address conversion) ?
>
> I still can't reproduce this.  Make sure none of the hooks are set in
> conf.php.

Checked conf.php and none of the hooks seem to be set.. What would be the
best place to look at in horde/imp source to determine what would cause
this address conversion?

(that is, is there any central function in horde/imp that's used for
fixing email addresses throughout the system?)

Ari Heikkinen - PSPT <e-mail: aheikin@dlr.pspt.fi>