[imp] bounce in IMP

Marc Fellman mfellman at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 11 14:12:19 PST 2002

Hi George,

> ----- Bericht van theall@tifaware.com ---------
>     Datum: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 07:50:25 -0500 (EST)
>       Van: "George A. Theall" <theall@tifaware.com>
> Antwoorden aan:"George A. Theall" <theall@tifaware.com>
>  Onderwerp: Re: [imp] bounce in IMP
>       Aan: Marc Fellman <mfellman@xs4all.nl>
>
> Quoting Marc Fellman <mfellman@xs4all.nl>:
>
> > I thought there was a bounce function in the old IMP.
> >
> > Is it possible to get the bounce functionality in IMP? Some mail I
> > just want to
> > have bounced.
>
> Perhaps you've discovered this by now but...
>
> That feature's available in IMP 3.x, although only while viewing a
> message, not from the list of messages itself.  And it's labelled
> "Redirect" rather than "Bounce".

This is more a bounce to some other address. In that case you still need to
look for the correct originating E-mail address. In my thoughts a bounce is to
the originating address. Question: If the originating address is a illegal
address does this bounce the mail back to you or.......? If you redirect it to
the false address IMP (or sendmail?) just doesn't do it.

--
M.Vr.Gr.

Marc Fellman