[imp] ImapProxy at medium-sized installation.

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Dec 11 16:53:15 PST 2002

Quoting Christopher Crowley <ccrowley@tulane.edu>:

> But, after about 15 minutes of  use, ImapProxy hung. I saw it was
> using substantial CPU, but wasn't able to gather much additional
> data.  I plan to revist the test, dedicating an Ultra-60 w/ 2 CPU and
> 2Gb RAM server to the ImapProxy server.
>
> Has anyone succesfully implemented ImapProxy in an environment of
> 1000 concurrently active sessions, and 6,000 daily IMP users?

I see two possible situations:

1) You found a bug, which I think might exist, with messages having nulls

2) You hit some kind of process limit (open files, sockets, etc)

So can you see if by any chance when you get N sufficiently large (e.g. 1000
connections) you are running out of some resource (open file descriptors,
network sockets, memory, stack, etc)?

I can't test such things as my user base is too small.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!