[imp] Can't Attach Files Larger Than 1MB When Composing Message

Ahmed ashihab at alcahest.com
Fri Dec 13 17:00:16 PST 2002

I've had a similar problem a while back. The problem turned out to do with
the vfs system configuration and some obscure problems with mySQL (which I
presume you had used for the backend)

the short answer is if you set the VFS system to use sql then there is a
limit on SQL 'blob' to 1Mbytes approx (sounds fimiliar ?)

there are two ways you can solve the problem:

1. plough through the SQL docs to findout how to change the maximum size of
type blob, or

2. make the VFS system use standard files system on the server.

I opted for 2. which has been working fine, and is not a problem since the
mail/horde server is a sealed sever with no easy public access.

Hope this helps

Ahmed...