[imp] Re: imp Digest, Vol 243, Issue 4

End User enduser at caris.com
Sat Dec 14 00:18:20 PST 2002

Thank you for the response. While trying a suggestion from another person on
the mailing list, I found the solution. His suggestion was to increase the
value of the  MaxMessageSize variable in sendmail.cf. Although this was not
the solution to my problem, it was a very good suggestion and may be
something other people could try if they are having this type of problem.
Because of his suggestion, I started to look elsewhere for the solution and
finally found it.

It turned out to be a php directive that was not located in the php.ini file
but, rather, in the php.conf (\etc\httpd\conf.d\php.conf  -  on my system)
file called by apache at run time. The contents of the file are as follows:

<Files *.php>
SetOutputFilter PHP
SetInputFilter PHP
LimitRequestBody 524288
</Files>

I had to change the value of the LimitRequestBody variable. Increasing it to
match the upload_max_filesize variable in the php.ini file fixed my problem.
Alternatively, this value can be set to 0 (disabled) to avoid future
complications.

Thanks to all who replied. I hope this post helps other people having
similar problems. On the plus side, I learned some php while sifting through
the imp/horde files. ;-)

James

> Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:00:16 +0000
> From: Ahmed <ashihab@alcahest.com>