[imp] Re: How can I make IMP text-only

Allodoxaphobia nobody at jonz.net
Tue Dec 17 05:34:45 PST 2002

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 23:39:15 -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch hath writ:
> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:
>
>> If you are looking for a mail program that will run on lynx or some other
>> text-based equivalent... I think IMP became impractical for that a long
>> time ago.
>
> Ironically enough, we're coming full-circle there with MIMP, which has a
> quite low-tech html display as well as wml support. Functionality-wise, not
> nearly as nice, of course, but once I get to tonight's commit, you'll be
> able to do the basics of sending and reading mail.

heh heh ...  My ISP just moved to horde.  The previous IMAP server
had server-side email filters.  And horde ,,, well....
I hacked out a cron, driving lynx with a 'simple' just-login--then-just-
logout script.  It works.  I did note -- whilst testing my script --
that running horde with lynx would be a do-able, but 'challenging'
experience.

MC&HNY
Jonesy