[imp] Better practices (pgsql database garbage collection)?

Timo Kouhia kouhia at lai.lapua.fi
Fri Dec 20 11:24:34 PST 2002

Dear Sirs,

my IMP+Postgre istallation works fine, but I've encountered some disk
maintenance problems as although I VACUUM the db frequently
the horde db still seems to consume very(!) much disk space.

I've also tried (successfully) to manually delete entries in
active_sessions -tables to free disk space (delete from active_sessions etc.)
Well, after that the particular table no longer consumes too much space.
However, that doesn't work for the tables named changed_idx and
pk_active_sessions, naturally.

Any ideas how to purge them? Or should I just drop the db and recreate it with
IMP's scripts?

Yours sincerely,

Timo Kouhia