[imp] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/config nls.php.dist horde/lib MIME.php NLS.php horde/lib/MIME Part.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Dec 24 01:53:07 PST 2002

Zitat von Ahmed <ashihab@alcahest.com>:

> Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:
>
> > Though this feature is still experimental (you have to activate it in
> > nls.php) I'd like to get any feedback above all bug reports. I only
> > tested the mailbox and message view so far. But if this message arrives
> > correctly, sending emails works too.
> >

> This feature is of particular interest to me, since I receive messages in
> all sorts of formats, the most troublesome are Arabic message written in
> outlook using windows encoding. Normally I'd have to alter the encoding
> specifically on the pane displaying the message.
>
> Anyway, I've just tried to switch on the UTF-8 encoding and enabled UTF
> encoding from the browser (IE6), result is same as before I see jibberish
> displayed instead of the correct encoding, it is quite likely it is my
> setup, but....

The problem is I can't verify if messages in other charsets make any sense
but at least I now see the messages with correct characters.

Isn't Arabic from right to left? I don't know if this is handled correctly.
And you need the iconv and/or mbstring extensions compiled into PHP.

You can bounce an example message to me and I'll see if I can get it
displayed correctly.

Jan.