[imp] multiple domains using preferred option in servers.php

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Thu Dec 26 07:08:53 PST 2002

Quoting Jordi <jordi@sirt.es>:

 | Hi all,
 |
 | I'm running  IMP 3.1 in a Red Hat 8 .
 |
 | I want that depending on the url ( webmail.domain1.com or
 | webmail.domain2.com) , IMP select the right server from servers.php:
 | I read in the conf.php the next thing:
 |                                                             //If the server
 | list is hidden then you can use the
 |                                                             // 'preferred'
 | mechanism to auto-select from it based on an HTTP
 |                                                             // virtualhost
 | or another piece of data.
 | So i think use vhost is not needed...
 | The problem is that I dont understand how "preferred" works. Can u help me??

Jordi,

This has probably been answered but if not you could also try changing the
server to a $vdomain variable.  Something like the following might work.

/* vdomain is used for dynamic configuration */

$vdomain = strtolower(preg_replace('/^mail\.|^www\./i', '', \
$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']));

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => $vdomain,
    'name' => 'localhost',
    'server' => $vdomain,
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => 'INBOX.',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => $vdomain,
    'smtphost' => $vdomain,
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => $vdomain,
    'quota' => array(
        'driver' => 'courier',
        'params' => array(
            'login' => '',
            'password' => ''
        )
    )
);

Of course you would probably want to change or possibly eliminate the
replacement in the $vdomain assignment on the first line.  A simple
$vdomain = $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] may work for you.

ed