[imp] IMP Autoresponder ?

Kyndig kyndig at kyndig.com
Thu Dec 26 14:52:09 PST 2002

Bill Hilburn wrote:
> I have been looking around for and autoresponder to use with our Postfix,
> Maildrop, Horde:IMP:turba setup...
>
> Problem is we are running a lot of virtual domains through this config so
> there is no user directories only Maildir.
>
> Anyone seen anything for autoresponder in virtual setup?
>

> Bill Hilburn
> NOC Frontier Internet

Afternoon Bill,

  I had the same problem. To resolve the issue, I have people select the
server that they are on when initially logging into horde. This sets
their 'virtual realm'. I then modified the poppasswd.c source to allow
for remote forward setting/removal, vacation setting/removal, and
password changing.

  The users $realm is passed through the forms for
forward/vacation/passwd , and this setting is used to create the socket
connection to the remote server.

  Our pop only accounts do not have remote ftp access to their accounts,
so this was the simplest solution.

Hope it helps,
Kyndig
--