[imp] Compose window bug: & in javascript

Michael Sims mhsims at midsouth.rr.com
Fri Dec 27 21:13:55 PST 2002

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002 10:41:57 +0800, you wrote:

>> I don't have this problem.
>
>Even so, I don't think html entities is necessary there..
>
>> Also, you didn't say what version of IMP this was for.
>
>HEAD.

There is a similar issue with 3.1 release version of IMP in
templates/javascript/open_compose_win.js.  IE works fine when using
& in a javascript function but Netscape and Mozilla don't like it.
At first I thought this as a bug in Mozilla, and I did find a bug in
Mozilla's database, but it was marked as bogus and one of the Mozilla
developers had a followup which said that html entities should not be
used with window.open in javascript.  I patched this file locally and
haven't had any additional problems...