[imp] Double quotes in absence of full name - help needed

Jeffrey Tay tleebeng at dso.org.sg
Sun Dec 29 02:51:10 PST 2002

Hi All,

My current setup is like this:

IMP 3.0
Horde 2.1
Solaris 8 (Sparc)
PHP 4.2.3
Apache 1.3.27
Sendmail 8.12.6

I've noticed something which I just can't zero in on;
When I send mail and type in the email address directly and nothing else,
when it gets sent out it will end up as (for example)

To: "" <tleebeng at dso.org.sg>

Whereas when I enter a name+address in the field, ie:

To: "Jeffrey Tay" <tleebeng at dso.org.sg>

I receive it as

To: Jeffrey Tay <tleebeng at dso.org.sg>

What's bugging me is the "" that gets inserted if no full name is
provided, and I notice this happens as well if I have not set my identity
preferences to specify my full name. this happens in the To:, CC:, From:
fields

I would sincerely appreciate any clues on how to eliminate the "", running
through google and the list archives seemed to have more postings on
escaping quotes and backslashes, than on this.

Looking at the various magic_quote* settings (in case it helped) turned up
nothing, as my magic_quote* were all Off already.

Thanks for any advise,

Jeffrey