[imp] IMP's conf.xml

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Sat Dec 28 13:24:57 PST 2002

Quoting G G Papazoglou <grp at med.uoc.gr>:

| This is kind of funny...Either I must be blind. But imp/docs/INSTALL
| does not mention anything about conf.xml. This is getting really
| tiring. If documentation is not available yet, then perhaps a detailed
| procedure of configuring CVS versions should be posted.

It is in the INSTALL file right here:

You must then login to Horde as a Horde Administrator to finish the
configuration of IMP. Use the Horde "Administration" menu item to get
the the Administration page, and then on the click on the "Configuration"
icon to get the Configuration page. Select "Mail" from the selection
list of applications, and click on the "Configure" button. Fill in or
change any configuration values as needed. When done click on "Generate
Mail Configuration" to generate the conf.php file. If your web server
doesn't have write permissions to the IMP configuration directory or
file, it will not be able to write the file. In this case, cut and
paste the returned configuration information into the file
imp/config/conf.php.

No mention of the conf.xml file is made because the user does not need to
do *anything* with it.

michael