[imp] Re: [horde] Possible problem with virtual host and IMP 3.1 orHorde 2.1 or maybe with me :)

Chris Shepherd CShepherd at rogers.com
Thu Jan 2 20:27:41 PST 2003

Joe Burks wrote:

>> From your description, just set horde's webroot to '/horde' and imp's
>> webroot
>> to $this->applications['horde']['webroot'] . '/imp' and you should be
>> set.
>>
>> The paths should be relative and not include your FQDN.
>

> If I do that, is the url to the webmail still
> 'http://webmail.mydomain.com'?  or is it
> 'http://webmail.mydomain.com/horde/imp' ?  I'm hoping to give a simple
> and clean interface to the webmail.  The virtual domain's base web
> path is /web/htdocs/horde/imp in this case.
>
> -Joe

No, you have to decide which way you are going to do this. If you go
with webmail.mydomain.com, then the horde webroot should be empty, and
imp's webroot should be left at what I mention above. The virtual
domain's base web path needs to be /web/htdocs/horde, not
/web/htdocs/horde/imp. I have an identical setup here, so if you just
allow access only through the webmail.mydomain.com, and set the horde
webroot to '' and imp's webroot to
$this->applications['horde']['webroot'] . '/imp' you should have it up
and working right away.

Chris Shepherd