[imp] Balancing Question

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Jan 5 18:54:02 PST 2003

Quoting Derek Martin <derek at younet.okstate.edu>:

> Thanks Andy and Jon.  To elaborate, I would like to know about currently
> logged in users to IMP.  We have experienced in the past a situation
> where our server's resources just up and dissapear when lots of people
> are logged in and we are trying to isolate why and what program is
> causing it.

That could be lots of things (system, web server, etc).

> None of the other HORDE apps do resource consumption as
> heavily as IMP I would assume?

Kronolith can come close, and troll can surpass IMP easily.  Can't think
of any others though.

> Does the IMAPProxy from HORDE significantly reduce this overhead?

It does significantly reduce IMAP overhead.

> Thoughts?

See my other post, and consider a php accellerator if response time is
an issue.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics