[imp] RE: imp Digest, Vol 269, Issue 4

Messier, Jean-Francois jmessier at justice.gc.ca
Wed Jan 8 15:04:28 PST 2003

What I'm looking at doing with IMP, is setup a central point where I can web
to, and view the email I have on all kinds of POP servers, remotely. My
network connection at work does not allow POP3 connections, http only. This
way, I can view my own email, without breaking the firewall. However, once
I'm back at home, I want to ultimately retrieve the same email via POP3
again, but using my email software under Windows.

JF

-----

Zitat von "Messier, Jean-Francois" <jmessier at justice.gc.ca>:

> I'm very new to IMP and Horde, and I want to make this central mail
> retrieval for web access for all my POP3 accounts. However, I still want
> finally retrieve my POP3 email in my desktop email software. So my
> question
> is: Can I set IMP to leave the mail on the POP3 servers when retrieving
> it,
> retrieving only unread email?

Assumed that you're not talking about the fetchmail feature: IMP doesn't
(and can't) fetch any emails from the server, in the meaning that it keeps
them locally. It only displays messages from the server.

Jan.