[imp] S/MIME messages

Didi Rieder adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at
Thu Jan 9 14:25:53 PST 2003

Quoting Didi Rieder <adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at>:

> Hi,
>
> Bug or feature (CVS HEAD)?
> When I open a S/MIME signed message and S/MIME is not activated in prefs, I
> can't read the message. IMP displays only the following hint:
>
> "S/MIME support is not enabled so the digital signature is unable to be
> verified."
>
> I think that I should be able to read the message without verifing the
> signature.

The same happens with PGP signed messages, when the user has not activated the
PGP stuff.

I still think that one should be able to read signed messages without verifying
the signature. What if the sysadmin removes the PGP/SMIME options completely
from the prefs? The user wont see a message text, unless she looks at the
message source.....

(Sorry for bothering again...)

Didi

--