[imp] Memory Usage

robert sand rsand at d.umn.edu
Thu Jan 9 11:47:58 PST 2003

Fábio Gomes wrote:

> Ty Robert,
>
>   Only 18kb are been used for the process. And as you told me this is
> not good. But most of the libraries was linked to apache and php4 as
> shared.
>
>   Please, what can you tell me about the pmap output. Thank you again:

> --------  ------  ------  ------  ------
> total Kb  148240  126400  107656   18744

This is acutally good because most of the memory used by the process is shared.
  I beleive the answer was in the reply that Andrew Morgan wrote because these
numbers are not in megabytes and they are nowhere near what top was reporting.

--
Robert Sand.
mailto:rsand at d.umn.edu
University of Minnesota, Duluth
144 MWAH
218-726-6122        fax 218-726-7674

"Walk behind me I may not lead, Walk in front of me I may not follow,
  Walk beside me and we walk together"  UTE Tribal proverb.