[imp] Folder-Management with POP3 and automatic Accountcreation??

Bill Hilburn bhilburn at frontier.net
Fri Jan 10 09:43:11 PST 2003

This has been asked *a lot* POP3 does not support folders,
You have to use IMAP...

Yes, you can roll your own account creation, I have not seen anything
available right now, although it could been done, horde & imp are installed
and used so many different ways it would be difficult to create a generic
account creation interface...

For example, in our installation here we do not use horde accounts at all...
(accounts are handled externally)

Hope This Helps!

Quoting "postboot.de (Florian Bruch)" <f.bruch at postboot.de>:

> Is it possible with IMP to have Folders on POP3?
> We have to move to another Server and IMAP is not available anymore.
>
> Is there any way to create an automatic accountcreation?
> I'd like to be able to create accounts by using DBs.
>
> Thanks for helping me.
>
> Greetz
> Florian

Bill Hilburn