[imp] ImapProxy session issue

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Jan 12 13:40:14 PST 2003

Quoting G G Papazoglou <grp at med.uoc.gr>:

> Hi. I just installed ImapProxy. It works fine and as expected, yet
> there is a minor issue I'd like to point out:

This should really be sent to the imapproxy mailing list.

> I really think it is
> great not to creating a new IMAP session for everything done with IMP,

Happy users are good. :)

> but I really can't understand why the IMAP session is not closed even
> when the user of IMP hits 'Logout'.

Hmmm.  I kind of thought it was.  I'd have to look at the code again,
but I thought that when it got an imap logout command it would close the
connection.

> And of course, if someone can
> suggest a way to achieve this I would appreciate it.

If it isn't closing at imap logout, then I would say this should be fixed.

The only other "solution" is to set a short timeout period.  Since IMP
tends to do a lot of imap logins very quickly, you can set the timeout
rather short and still see a benefit.  That won't close the connection
at logout, but will make sure it doesn't stay around long after a logout.

> Thanks,
> Greg

How did you determine it doesn't close the connection at logout?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!