[imp] Question about charset and Saved Mail

Santiago Romero sromero at servicom2000.com
Mon Jan 13 09:12:04 PST 2003

 Hi...

 I'm using IMP 2.2.x and I've experienced a strange problem.
I sent an email in spanish (with accentuated vowels such as
áéíóú, the ascii equivalent for html á, é
and so) to my own account. In the message view it shows
perfect, I can see the message perfectly.

 The good viewing happens when I have the message in the
INBOX or in the Sent Mail folder. In those folders, when you
click in the message, it shows it with the message.php3
code.

 But in the Saved mail folder, when you click on it, it opens
as composition message (to modify it and resend it, by example),
and in this case (when the message is not displayed, but it appears
in the <textarea>) it's not displayed correctly:

 Instead of seeing the original "camión" (in html, to see the
effect is cami&oacute;n), I see "cami=F30n" in the textarea.

 Is there any way to display the message correctly in the
textarea in order to modify and re-send it correctly? Maybe
calling any IMP function in any part of the compose.php3
code would do the trick?

 Thanks a lot for any help in this subject.

--
Santiago Romero