[imp] All Attachments have 0 bytes

Johannes Ullmann joli at ull.at
Mon Jan 13 23:58:54 PST 2003

I think I have solve/located the problem.

in the /horde/config/horde.php i left the default entry for the temp dir, and
the  default ist to take the temp dir from the php.ini
In my php.ini the temp dir ist not set, but the description in the php.ini says
that when it is not set it takes the default from the system. I think this is in
$TMP defined.

so when i upload a file via the attach button, my apache/php4 gets the
upload_temp_dir from the $TMP variable witch must be /tmp because the file gets
uploaded there.
But when the messages gets send (send button pressed) it appears my apache/php
gets a different $TMP path. I'm not sure about this but perhaps it looks to
/var/tmp.

I solved the problem with defining the Temp Dir in the /horde/config/horde.php :

  // If you want to use a temporary directory other than the system
  // default or the one specified in php's upload_tmp_dir value, enter
  // it here.
  $conf['tmpdir'] = '/tmp';

I hope this helps you also.

Has someone an Idea of how I could examinate the Enviroments variables for
apache /php while i upload an attachment an send it?

so long
JoLi