[imp] Question about charset and Saved Mail

Santiago Romero sromero at servicom2000.com
Tue Jan 14 10:15:26 PST 2003

En Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:58:03 -0500 Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>
escribio:

> Quoting Santiago Romero <sromero at servicom2000.com>:
>
> >  It's totally impossible for me, for all the code I've added and
> > the features I've commented to use an LDAP server as a validator
> > for reading, sending, viewing attachments, receiving messages from
> > given addresses, and so on.
>
> The way you solve this with open source is you share your
> customizations with the general community, so that they get carried
> forward by anyone. We can't really help you at this point.

 I started posting the modifications in this mailing list (if you
have archivelist, aproximately 1 year ago you can see a pair of
messages explaining what I did and how, and the source code). When
IMP 3.x appeared all people migrated but my users were used to the
old webmail version (customised) and I stopped sending here the
changes I was doing (people seemt not interested anymore in 2.2.x).

 I mean that *I shared* my customizations with all you. And I can still
share them with anyone interested in doing special user limitations
in IMP 2.2.x ...

> >  Is there any chance for a quick patch or guide or idea? I would
> > code it by myself if I could (or if you could point me to the
> > solution).
>
> Feel free to browse the CVS tree (with explanatory commit messages,
> even!): http://cvs.horde.org/

 I'll take a look and try to guess the solution.

 I was just asking for a bit of help, as IMP user I thought their
developers would be the fastest way to find an idea, solution or
just something like "call Whatever() function before Whatsoever()
in whatever.php3 and surely it will display correctly".

 ( and excuse me for my poor english :(  )

 Thanks a lot (and a happy new IMP :)
--
Santiago Romero