[imp] Need IMP version recommendation

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 14 21:17:02 PST 2003

Quoting Paul Russell <prussell at nd.edu>:

> We are preparing to replace our enterprise webmail service, built on
> Infinite Technologies WebMail product, with a new service built on
> IMP. We are using Horde 2.1 and IMP 3.1 for our user evaluation. We
> are debating whether to use the CVS version of IMP, since it includes
> features we would like to be able to offer to our users. We are,
> however, a bit reluctant to use "development" code on a production
> system. What versions are other sites using for production systems?

Horde 2.2 should be out any day now. So you might wait for that.  No
idea when IMP 3.2 will be out, but it shouldn't be too long.  So depending
on your schedule and when it is released, you may want to wait until those
releases are out and use them.

I wouldn't recommend using CVS HEAD unless you absolutely have to.  Using
CVS RELENG is fairly safe, and in some cases better than the release (if
big/important bugs are fixed in it, etc).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!