[imp] HEAD: getDelimiter oddities, bug?

Leena Heino Leena.Heino at uta.fi
Thu Jan 16 11:31:41 PST 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Lachlan Cameron-Smith wrote:

> Temporarily you could hack lib/Folder.php to hardcode the delimiter so
> that instead of the line $delimiter = IMP_Folder::getDelimiter($stream);
> you use $delimiter = '.';
I've changed this default delimiter allready. But I wanted to examine how
and why it sometimes failed. At least with Cyrus 2.1.x best option seemed
to use namespace='INBOX'. Removing addPreabmle() from getDelimiter would
have send imap command LIST "" %, this can be quite costly in terms of
performance. Though the current getDelimiter code sends LIST "" % command
if namespace and folders are undefined.

Maybe to correct solution to find out the delimiter would be to use IMAP's
NAMESPACE command, but I don't know wheter or not c-client and/or php has
support for it.

> I'd like to see the delimiter become an option in servers.php - until I

>From what I understand the delimiter is not constant and and can be
different depending on the folder collection you are accessing.

--
  -- Leena Heino (liinu at uta.fi)