[imp] Multiples users in multiples servers

Bjørn Ove Grøtan bjorn.grotan at itea.ntnu.no
Sat Jan 18 16:04:50 PST 2003

Ernesto Garcia:

> Hi
>
> I have one only IMP interface for my users, and the mail is storaged on
> 3 mail servers for one only domain.
>
> I need that user login in to IMP and the aplication search the server
> where the user exist and pull your mail.
>
> Anyone can help me ??

Either you have to store which server each server is located on and
write a small hook to do that check when users login - or you can write
a imapproxy to put on your imp-installation which redirects your users
to their correct imap-server.

I don't know if horde's imapproxy can do this, but we have that solution
with code-pieces written by our own empl. working just fine. Users are
redirected to one of six imap-servers.

--
Best regards

Bjørn Ove Grøtan

"SELECT 2 + 2, pi(), 'PostgreSQL is more than a calculator!';"