[imp] Emails freeze IMP

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Jan 20 11:39:14 PST 2003

Quoting Dan Wilson <dan at acucore.com>:

| I just received two emails today from the same individual and both emails
| are
| unreadable in IMP.  It just makes the screen go blank.
|
| I have no clue what is causing this, but I found it interesting that it
| happened with the same sender.
|
| I'm forwarding both emails in hopes that someone in dev can determine
| what's
| going on.

I can view both of them just fine here.  You should upgrade your c-client
to 2002a (or whatever the newest version at ftp.washington.edu/imap is).
The problem is most likely with the Content-Type header - both messages
have a bad header that looks like:

	version=2.43

(looks like a misconfigured spamassassin client somewhere along the
pipeline of that message).  The new c-client does a better job of handling
these malformed headers.

michael