[imp] Unknown Host Default Error Msg While Login to IMP

Sarmeela Thanakodi test_imp at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 00:32:17 PST 2003

Set of applications used:
Apache Web Server 1.3.23
UW IMAP Server (Packaged with RH Linux)
PostgreSQL 7.2 (Packaged with RH Linux)
PHP 4.1.2
Horde 2.1
IMP 3.1
Turba 1.1

* I have all this applications installed in one single machine that runs Red Hat Linux 7.3

 Apache document root
/var/www/html

Horde resides in
/var/www/html/horde/

IMP resides in
/var/www/html/horde/imp/

I have successfully installed Horde and I’m able to login to Horde using either Sql or IMAP Server. But my problem now is I can’t login to IMP. Each time I try to go in using the Log in to mail link in horde this msgbox “Unkown host_default” appears.

1.In my Horde Registry.php, I have umcommented the imp application as instructed:

'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../imp',   'webroot' => $this->applications['horde']['webroot'] . '/imp',      'icon' => $this->applications['horde']['webroot'] . '/imp/graphics/imp.gif',
'name' => _("Mail"),
'allow_guests' => false,
'show' => true
);

2.In my IMP conf.php, I have this following entry :

$conf[‘server’][‘server_list’]=”none”
I tried substituting the none to shown or hidden, but still no improvement.

3.In my IMP Servers.php, I have this following entry

$servers['_prompt'] = array(
'name' => 'Choose a mail server:'
);

$servers['imap'] = array(
'name' => 'IMAP Server',
'server' => 'localhost',
'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert',
'port' => 993,
'folders' => 'mail/',
'namespace' => '',
'maildomain' => 'localhost.localdomain',
'smtphost' => 'smtp.localhost',
'realm' => 'localhost',
'preferred' => ''
);

$servers['cyrus'] = array(
'name' => 'Cyrus IMAP Server',
'server' => 'cyrus.example.com',
'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
'port' => 143,
'folders' => '',
'namespace' => 'INBOX.',
'maildomain' => 'example.com',
'realm' => 'example.com',
'preferred' => ''
);

$servers['pop'] = array(
'name' => 'POP3 Server',
'server' => 'pop.example.com',
'protocol' => 'pop3',
'port' => 110,
'folders' => '',
'namespace' => '',
'maildomain' => 'example.com',
'realm' => 'example.com',
'preferred' => ''
);

When I try to log in to imp from http://localhost/horde/test.php

Server              : localhost
User                 : my_username
Password         : my_password

I get this error :

“Certificate Failure for localhost. Self signed certificate” with all the some state, some organization, etc thingy coming out. I understand that if we add the novalidate-cert at the end of our IMAP server protocol, this thing should not appear. As you can see above I do have this novalidate-cert thing added, but still I get this error.

I am lost and confused and to say frustrated is an understatement. I would appreciate it very much if anyone can help me solve this problem.

Thanks.
-Sarmeela