[imp] Return-Path/redirect problem

Chris Hastie lists at oak-wood.co.uk
Tue Jan 21 13:56:11 PST 2003

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>
wrote
>// Since few MTAs are going to allow this header to be forged
>// unless it's in the MAIL FROM: exchange, we'll use Return-Path
>// instead of From: if it's set

Well I know of at least one system at a sizeable organisation that is
trialling Imp that sets a dodgy Return-Path - it is /always/ set to
cyrus at host.

Of course, the fact that one organisation has difficulty configuring
their MTA shouldn't be any reason not write code that assumes that an
MTA is properly configured.

(Hint to aforementioned organisation: use the -r option to deliver)
--
Chris Hastie