[imp] Some comments on user-friendlyness of imp/horde.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Jan 22 22:52:25 PST 2003

Quoting Ted Cabeen <secabeen at pobox.com>:

> 2) When there is a Full Name entered for a user identity, and you are
> sending an email using that identity, the "Identity" field in the Message
> Composition window should include the Real Name in the identity.
> Alternatively (and much better logically), there should be a From line to
> the Message Composition window showing how the From header will look when
> the email is sent.

We went over this a bunch when the identities first went in; my problem with
both of the above is that it's perfectly fine to have multiple identities
that share the same fullname and email address - so you need a way to tell
them apart.

> 3) The edit identities page is slightly nonintuitive.  The button at the
> bottom changing from CREATE to CHANGE is not obvious.  Perhaps imp
> should default to presenting the settings for the Default Identity when
> that page comes up, and instead have a link or button that allows you to
> add an additional identity.  Since the majority of users don't use
> multiple identities, we should make it easier to change the settings of
> the Default Identity than it is to create a new identity.

If you submitted a patch for this, I'm sure someone would look at it.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
must ... find ... acorns ... *thud*