[imp] Problem with mysql sessions

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Thu Jan 23 01:44:11 PST 2003

Quoting Data Vortex <datavortex+sender+6bae77 at datavortex.net>:

| Greetings,
|
| I am trying to install Horde 2.2 / IMP 3.1 on a fairly out-of-box Red Hat
| 8.0 installation.  PHP is 4.2.2 and PEAR is 1.0.1.  Apache 2.0.40 and
| mysql
| 3.23.54a.
|
| This installation has not yet been functional.  This is my first time
| trying to install IMP with mysql sessions.  I installed from tarball.
|
| I configured horde to let IMP handle authentication, which auths against
| IMAP.  I know authentication is working because I have lots of:

This is the one item I was going to document but, because of a
misunderstanding, never got set for Horde 2.2.1.  Essentially what was
going to be put in the horde/config/conf.php file was this:

** PLEASE NOTE: CUSTOM SESSION HANDLERS WILL NOT WORK WITH IMP AS THE
** AUTHENTICATION HANDLER UNLESS YOU ARE USING IMP 3.2!

so, unless you use IMP RELENG_3 (http://horde.org/source) you can not use
Horde's session handlers w/IMP authentication.

michael