[imp] Multiple Servers, same username, preference conflict

budgee at theespot.co.za budgee at theespot.co.za
Sun Jan 26 08:08:48 PST 2003

Howdy

I have the following running on a Linux-Mandrake 9.0 box:

Horde 2.1
IMP 3.1
PHP 4.2.3

I configured the preferences to be stored in MySQL, and all is cool - except,
I have configured IMP3 to handle multiple domains.

This single installation is currently accessible from:

http://mail.theespot.co.za
http://mail.carroll.co.za
http://webmail.glenwoodhighschool.co.za
http://mail.flats.cc

All but webmail.glenwoodhighschool.co.za are virtual domains and point to
localhost as the IMAP server.  webmail.glenwoodhighschool.co.za, however,
points to David Harris' Mercury MTA's new IMAP server, running on a different
box.

The problem I am experiencing is as follows:

On theespot.co.za, I have a UNIX user budgee
On glenwoodhighschool.co.za, I have a Mercury user called budgee

The preference system does not differentiate between the two, and while this
could be workable if the two budgee's were the same user (in this case they
are), it would be a serious problem if they weren't, most especially with
respect to the user Identities.

Any ideas?

Regards
Warwick Chapman