[imp] can't access imp from outside the intranet

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jan 27 17:13:41 PST 2003

Quoting Christian Netthöfel <imp-mail at snod.net>:

> I installed imp 3.1 and horde 2.1 two days ago on a linux box with
> php4.3.0 and apache 1.3.20. Everything works fine, except I am not able
> to access imp's webpages from the internet because my browser is always
> forwarded to the local hostname of the webserver.

You've told IMP (Horde really) to trust the webserver when it says what its
hostname is.

You've told apache to *always* say that it's the local hostname (see:
UseCanonicalName).

Either tell apache to stop lying, or configure Horde more suspiciously.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
must ... find ... acorns ... *thud*