[imp] Attachment download broken

S.Barbaresi s.barbaresi at bangor.ac.uk
Tue Jan 28 09:15:28 PST 2003

>The strange thing is that it happens with all files not only certain files. I
>can give you the mime headers of any of the files would you like any other
>information other than that. It looks like a few other people have reported
>similar things today with MPEG files etc. The specific file I am using to test
>it an EXCEL spread sheet.

We have exactly the same problem, we fail to download attachments with
IE. Netscape is fine.

Using IE to download an attachment has the following results:

Clicking on the attachment icon:

"Internet Explorer cannot download Results1.doc from host.bangor.ac.uk
Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested
site is either unavailable or cannot be found.
Please try again later."

Right clicking and "save target as" results:

"Internet Explorer cannot download Results1.doc from www.bangor.ac.uk
The file could not be written to the cache"

 Hope you can help, as our users (especially students) prefer IMP to
other mail clients such as netscape and outlook, and they really would
like this feature to work at our University!!

Sim

S.Barbaresi 					E-mail s.barbaresi at bangor.ac.uk
Computing Centre, UWB 				Tel (44) (01)248 382403 (ddi)
Sackville Road 					Fax (44) (01)248 383826 (ddi)
Bangor, Gwynedd LL57 1LD, UK