[imp] Re: Re: IMP, Horde, PHP, OpenBSD

Will Meloy wmeloy at srso.net
Tue Jan 28 10:32:26 PST 2003

Shazam!  Thanks Thierry.

That was it.  I had to move all the stuff from /usr/local/lib/php to
/var/www/php and monkey with the httpd.conf and php.ini files to get it to
work.

By the way this also helped me in that through the research on the chroot
stuff it lead me to the correct location of the error logs in
/var/www/logs/.
This is where both Apache and PHP place their error info regardless of what
you have set in the php.ini file.

On a third note I was also having problems with an error coming up that PHP
could not get to the /tmp directory so I had to move it under /var/www and
do a chmod 777 on it.  Now all works well.

I will now try and install IMP and see what happens.

Once again THANKS to all.  One little hint and the whole thing becomes
clear.

Will.

"Thierry Thomas" <thierry at pompo.net> wrote in message
news:20030128064550.GA33911 at graf.pompo.net...
Le Mar 28 jan 03 à  4:55:47 +0100, Will Meloy <wmeloy at srso.net> écrivait :
> I have looked at all you suggested and no luck.  Php is not in safe_mode.
> Worse, I have error logging turned on but it is not saving the file
> anywhere.  I cannot
> even find it using find.  I am at a complete - frustrated loss.

On OpenBSD, Apache is chrooted by default. If this is your case, perhaps
id does not find some required files?

Regards,
--
Th. Thomas.