[imp] Re: Delivery Conformation err, Read Receipts

Ryan Malloy rmalloy at meridianschools.org
Wed Jan 29 00:00:40 PST 2003

Yes, I mean Read Receipts.... sorry for the confusion.

IMP generates the following headers when a return receipt is requested:
Disposition-Notification-To: rmalloy at meridianschools.org
Return-Receipt-To: rmalloy at meridianschools.org

It should honor the same headers, but it seems Return-Receipt-To is more of a
Delivery notification, not a read notification. Does the checkbox in IMP mean
delivery and read confirmation?

Also, does anybody have more info on how the other MUA's use the Return-
Receipt-To: header? I checked MS Outlook 2002, and it uses Disposition-
Notification-To: for read receipts, and Return-Receipt-To: for delivery
confirmation.

-snip-

--
Ryan Malloy (rmalloy at meridianschools.org)