[imp] Problem of attachment

Bill Hilburn bhilburn at frontier.net
Fri Jan 31 11:18:58 PST 2003

I don't know if you do anything about this or not...

When attached the file will be uploaded and changed from its current file
format to a text format, normally base64, in order to attach it to the email,
the larger the file the longer it takes...

The time it takes will vary depending on what email client you use (OutLook,
Eudora, Pegasus, IMP etc...) as well as how the client is connected i.e.
is the client on the local LAN, wireless, DSL, or dialup...

Keep in mind the vast majority of SMTP servers have a restriction on
attachment size, most would never let an attachment this size through (I think
ours is set around 1 MB).

Quoting edwardspl at ita.org.mo:

> Hello,
>
> When I browser a file ( > 2MB ), then press "attach" button, I found the
> imp need more long time to do the action...
> So, how to fix this problem ?
>
> Thank for your help !
>
> Edward.

Bill Hilburn