[imp] compose: "Unable to send data"

Michael E. Hanson MEHanson at GryphonsGate.com
Tue Feb 4 12:19:05 PST 2003

Greetings All!

I'm trying to setup IMP on a Windows NT machine.  I have (according to the test scripts) a working Horde 2.2 framework and PHP 4.3.  My mail server is IpSwitch's IMail (4.0.6) supporting IMAP, SMTP, and POP3.

I can login to IMP, and read my mail, but when I compose a message and try to send it I get an "unable to send data" message and nothing gets sent.  Compose window stays open, with the error message added at the top of the window.

Horde log shows:
Feb 04 11:46:04 HORDE [warning] [imp] unable to send data [on line 859 of "D:\Win32App\horde-2.2\imp\compose.php"]

Been beating my head against this for a couple days now, could use some pointers or insights.

I'm using SMTP authentication through IMP, and the mail server and mail domain for IMP are the same as for Horde (smtp --> mail.GryphonsGate.com, domain --> GryphonsGate.com).  I've attached my php.ini, horde.php, register.php, servers.php, and IMP's conf.php if they'll help at all.

Appreciate any assistance anyone might be able to provide...
Michael E. Hanson
President, Gryphon Consulting  Services
(http://www.GryphonsGate.com)
P.O. Box 1151