[imp] Re: can't login with IMP auth.

Dennis Ortsen Dennis at Pinetree.nl
Wed Feb 5 09:20:22 PST 2003

Hi Doug,

thanks for your answer,

When I run the horde/imp/test.php, I can succesfully authenticate with the
user and server information I supplied. I know this isn't the information in
the /imp/config/servers.php, but what I entered in the test.php, that's also
what I entered in servers.php, with the additional information that is
needed.

IMAP is working fine, I can do whatever I want with an IMAP client (like
Outlook Express 6). I agree on you that somewhere in my PHP/horde/IMP/MySql
configuration is a config error... But where...

But to get back to your answer, yes, I've uncommented the two lines in
registry.php:
$this->registry['auth']['login'] = 'imp';
$this->registry['auth']['logout'] = 'imp';

This is my imp/config/servers.php:
$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => Our IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'mail.my.domain',
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => 'mail/',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => my.domain',
    'smtphost' => 'mail.my.domain',
    'realm' => 'my.domain',
    'preferred' => ''
);

Replace the my.domain with our domain offcourse :-)

But do I need to place comments in horde/config/horde.php in the
authentication section? At this point it looks like this:
/**
 ** Horde Authentication
 **/

// If you want to use IMP with Horde and don't want to let the users
// login twice (once for Horde and once for IMP) you can setup Horde
// to let IMP do the authentication stuff. Just uncomment the
// auth/login/logout lines in registry.php instead of configuring the
// following settings.

// What backend should we use for authenticating users to Horde? Valid
// options are currently 'imap', 'ldap', 'mcal', 'sql', 'ftp' and 'krb5'.
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';

// An array holding any parameters that the Auth object will need to
// function correctly.
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();

// For IMAP, this is the server name, port, protocol, etc.
$conf['auth']['params']['dsn'] = '{mail.my.domain:143/imap}INBOX';

Do I need to place any comments somewhere?

Thanks,

Dennis

news:5.2.0.8.2.20030204142130.00b2ece8 at world-mail.org...