[imp] PATCH: IMP_ACL_rfc2086 - things I learnt yesterday!

Chris Hastie lists at oak-wood.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 23:06:53 PST 2003

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote

>Looks much better now. Committed, thanks.
>
>Btw, now I always get: "Could not retrieve ACL - Unexpected response from
>server to: login : 0 NO Login failed: authentication failure" if I open
>acl.php. It worked without problems before.

Do you have Auth_SASL installed or not? If yes, and the server supports
either CRAM-MD5 or DIGEST-MD5, sounds like I'm looking for a typo
because nothing should have changed for those mechanisms.

Otherwise, I guess the

if (preg_match('/\W/', $pass)) {
     $pass = addslashes($pass);
     $pass = '"' . $pass . '"';
}

has messed things up for some reason. Do your server logs give any
clues? You don't have the rogue characters the Didi's reported in the
output of

Secret::read(Secret::getKey('imp'), $_SESSION['imp']['pass']);

do you? I wonder if a bunch of null characters at the end is a no
problem unless you wrap the password up in quotes?
--
Chris Hastie