[imp] how to know a user have logged in ?

jkpsj jkpsj at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 04:37:34 PST 2003

unfortunately these apps are home-baked; and requires *no* authentication for our visitors to use.
suddenly, one fine afternoon, a wise guy came up with *an unwise* idea to make it available only
thru authentication :( , a corporate directive that we mortal-developers would have to abide.

and the more i look at horde/imp, the more confused i get.
since my session data is in db, the *only way it seems to me*, is to fetch the session id that
corresponds to the browser's cookie. unfortunately i am NOT able to decode its value by using
session_decode or unserialize.

or perhaps that's a wrong technique altogether ? somebody pls shed some light on this issue.

best rgds.
jkpsj