[imp] Blacklist corruption problem

Son Truong svt at st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri Feb 7 10:25:20 PST 2003

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. We are using mysql as the backend
database. I don't think it is a 'data storage' problem, and hence increasing
the size datatype for blacklist storage will not help. I feel it is more of a
horde/
imp/php trying to proces the 'very large string' of the blacklist problem.

I am able to start a mysql session and pull that string out of the table, so
this proves that storage is not the problem as the blacklist is not corrupt
when
retrieved. However, the string is so long, even vi complains when I tried to
paste it. (If I paste the string directly into this email, my mail client will
crash!)

But I did try your suggestion; I increased the datatype of pref_value in the
horde_prefs table of the horde database from TEXT to LONGTEXT.
I then inserted the blacklist as a 'filters' pref_scope, and tried to log in.
This time, I did not even get an 'expired session' autologout - it just logs me

out without any message - dropping me back to the login screen. It is not
corrupting the session data any more but still does not allow me to login!

I wonder what is going on here? And whether you have any other ideas.

If I upgrade to Horde 2.2.1 and IMP 3.2-RC1 would this problem be gone?

Thanks for you attention,
Son

Michael M Slusarz wrote:

> Quoting Son Truong <svt at st-andrews.ac.uk>:
>
> | The 'blacklist' feature in HORDE/IMP allow users to add addresses to
> | be filtered out and deleted as junk mail. The problem is that the list
> | that
> | the user is creating is growing too big and when it reaches a certain
> | point it starts corrupting the logon process.
>
> This has been addressed in CVS HEAD - via a configuration option that
> prevents addition to the preferences backend if the addition would put the
> total size over the storage limit.
>
> The solution in your situation would be to simply increase the data size of
> the horde_prefs table.  I have no idea what DB you are using, but you
> should read the documentation and select a larger data type and then
> convert the horde_prefs db (and specifically the column that holds the
> data) to the larger data type.
>
> michael

Son V Truong * Systems Programmer
IT Services * University of St Andrews