[imp] Truncated Attachments - aditional information

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 7 10:10:05 PST 2003

Quoting Bruno Negrao <imp-bnegrao at engepel.com.br>:

> Guys, I saw in the text http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache.php
> that Apache 2.0 only works smoothly with the version 4.3.0 of PHP, not the
> version 4.2 that redhat is shipping.

I looked at the link, but I don't see where you got that from.  I ran
RH 8.0 with their RPMS no problem (though now I run php 4.3.0 instead).

Can you quote the text you are refering to?

> Also in that link, they are showing the instructions to compile apache +
> php. If someone could verify it, it gonna be great.
> My boss just tell me to abandon this installation on redhat 8.0 and install
> on another machine (redhat 7.1).

Given the amount of problems you are having, this might be a good idea.
Maybe a fresh install will help.  Personally I would recomment 7.2 but
that is up to you and your boss to decide.

> So, I'm leaving this thread. Unless I can't make attachments work on redhat
> 7.1 too!!

Good luck, and all the best.

--
Eric Rostetter