[imp] RedHat 8.0 + IMP 3.2RC1 report: Working

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Fri Feb 7 21:39:57 PST 2003

Hi,
I just wanted to let people that is having problems with
RedHat 8.0 know that I installed IMP 3.2RC1 with no problems.

The RedHat 8.0 I used is a stock RH8.0, that means
RH 8.0 with official rpm and without official updates.

I done this to see if there is some compatibility issues
between RH8.0 and IMP 3.2RC1

Here is the list of versions used in rpm format:
php-4.2.2-8.0.5
php-ldap-4.2.2-8.0.5
php-odbc-4.2.2-8.0.5
php-imap-4.2.2-8.0.5
php-pgsql-4.2.2-8.0.5
php-mysql-4.2.2-8.0.5
httpd-manual-2.0.40-8
httpd-2.0.40-8
httpd-devel-2.0.40-8
libghttp-1.0.9-5

Horde versions in .tar.gz format:
horde-2.2.1.tar.gz
imp-3.2-RC1.tar.gz
turba-1.1.tar.gz
pear-1.0.1.tar.gz (from horde.org)

Config files changed:
- /etc/php.ini
file_uploads = On
short_open_tag = On
- /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
nothing

Test results:
- SMTP: I could not configure horde/config/horde.php to make
horde sent emails via an external smtp server using this
variables:
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array('host' => 'smtp.example.com');

I configured a local sendmail server, and then it worked
with this config:
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'sendmail';

- Attachments: I could successfully sent attachments. But if I
used big attachments, I got a POST error from apache. To solve
this, you should only configure apache to accept big POST requests.
To solve this, try Doug Curtis's solution:
<Files *.php>
     SetOutputFilter PHP
     SetInputFilter PHP
     LimitRequestBody 524288 <-- Here
</Files>
I could sent a 300kb test file with no config changes to apache.

HTH
Oliver
--
Oliver Schulze L.