[imp] Problem of attachment

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Feb 10 08:52:00 PST 2003

Quoting edwardspl at ita.org.mo:

> Hello,
>
> When I post mails to someone with attachment and receive any mails with
> attachment under IMP 3.1 Mail Client...
> I found the speed of process and even can't download the attached file,

Could this be a browser specific problem (downloads) or does it happen
with all browsers?

> about the config of php ( php.ini ) :
>
> upload_max_filesize = 10M
> post_max_size = 10M
> max_execution_time = 30
> memory_limit = 96M
>
> Is there any problem of the setting ?

No, but if you are trying to upload large (up to 10M) files over a slow
link (modem, dsl, etc) then the 30 second max execution time may very
well kick in and kill it.  If you want to upload large files over slow
networks you will probably need to increase the mex_execution_time
value to a few minutes.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics